Sunday, December 7, 2008

11/21/08

Went to JLC this morning....absolutely amazing! Mary read Noah's entire eval and definitely thought he'd be a good candidate for the OT program. Also, since we are catching his condition early, she feels that he would probably progress quickly through the program.... she even said the he could potentially graduate in a year. (She noted that that assumption was based off his current efforts to immulate my behavior leads... like hugging, etc.) Noah will hug complete strangers if he sees me hug someone. I'm definitely a "safe zone" for him. He sees my behavior as a safe and "ok" if he immitates. I walked through the OT gym and was VERY impressed. Mary discussed how each station worked on different sensory needs. The swings are what I found the most fascinating. The different rocking/swinging motions help center his mind. I can't wait to try the swinging on Noah. I really think he will take to it. Not only does JLC offer OT, but they offer 2 hours of speech a week and also half day school (I personally think Noah is too advanced for the school though). I left there with high hopes. I took Noah to see his peditrician this afternoon. I REALLY do not like her. She sucks. She hadn't read Noah's eval before she walked in the room and after 5 minutes in the room with him said that his diagnosis was apraxia (which we already know a year ago) and ADHT?? I do NOT agree with her, but whatever. Her bedside manner was horrible. Sh didn't even touch Noah.... she only "shoed" him away. She told me I needed to discipline him differently, but I pretty much don't want her opinion on anything. I really needed Trey there tonight because I think what "good" she may have to offer Noah, she would have been more likely to show if Trey challenged her with his medical background and knowledge. He had a case and couldn't get there unfortunately :(. Trey and I went to dinner tonight. He's not sold on the nutrition thing, but did agree that we need to get Noah a new Ped. She did say she would refer Noah to a Neuro & Pyschological Doc. I don't have their names nor the referral yet because I didn't have my new insurance card with me and they wouldn't refer w/o proof of insurance. Man! Ugh! I'm really stressed about how much Noah's care is going to cost, but I have the utmost faith that it will all work out. The Big Man has a plan for us.

No comments: